Oakland has supported the A's for 38 years, and this rich history cannot be compromised. A's fans have celebrated and suffered with this team, and almost two generations of A's fans have lived with their team playing Oakland. Help Keep the A's in Oakland and fight the move. Feel free to voice your opinion on topics by making comments on posts. Please, add your name or screen name to your comments, because the validity of your comment is hurt by being anonymous. Thanks and Go A's

Friday, May 19, 2006

CHOOSE OR LOSE THE A'S

Robert Limon is organizing a forum on the A's plan to relocate, to suggest ways to stop the move and discuss the possibility of a move. I encourage people to attend the forum whether or not you are for or against the Fremont deal. Here's the plan in his own words:
I am a lifelong Oakland community member and A's fan. My friends and I have been frustrated that it is the 11th hour and we are very close to losing the Oakland A's. We are frustrated that no one seems to be expressing our point of view, and no one is taking action to keep the A's. Personally, I think having a world-class championship sports team in our community is a fantastic community resource and asset that benefits our business and property values. I want to see a common sense solution invented by the brilliant minds of Oakland citizens and leaders to facilitate and implement the construction of a new stadium in Oakland.

Now it's YOUR turn to express your opinion on the future of the A's in Oakland.

I have begun a community project and a documentary film called "Choose or Lose the Oakland A's" which is based on giving EVERY Oakland/East Bay community member a chance to voice their opinion whether they choose or lose the A's. Bottom line: The Oakland community needs an outlet to express their perspective to keep the A's in Oakland (or not). No matter how it turns out, I will know that I let my voice be heard.

We are going to kick off this community project with a Mayoral Community Forum on May 23, 2006 (Tuesday) from 5:30-7:30 PM at the Uptown Bar and Nightclub, 1928 Telegraph (at 19th), in downtown Oakland. Please see attached flyer. The future mayor of Oakland will respond to the same question: CHOOSE OR LOSE the Oakland A's? And Why?

I humbly request two things:
1. You show up to this event, share your opinion, and have some FUN.
2. You forward this info and invite all of your friends to this event; and/or contact me to get a flyer and distribute.

Now is the time--Take Action! Seize the Day! Choose or Lose the Oakland A's.

Thank you and best regards,

Robert Limon
chooseorloseoakland@yahoo.com

I can not attend this meeting because I won't be back in the Bay Area until early June, but I urge people to go and participate. Print off some flyers and bring them to the meeting. Copy and send this Robert's message to your friends email.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drummer 510,

Do you have any ideas, if people can't make it to this discussion. I'm willing to help at the idea plus I'll try to email to other members of OAFC or creator of this discussion.

LET'S GO OAK-LAND!!

5/20/2006 11:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Berkeley and I can not see travelling to Fremont to go to games. So Wolf may as well move them to the moon. I understand he needs some approvals from Alameda County as well as the City of Fremont. I think all residents of Alameda County should contact the Board of Supervisors and demand that the county not facilitate a move within the county outside of Oakland.

5/22/2006 12:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Berkeley and I can not see travelling to Fremont to go to games. So Wolf may as well move them to the moon. I understand he needs some approvals from Alameda County as well as the City of Fremont. I think all residents of Alameda County should contact the Board of Supervisors and demand that the county not facilitate a move within the county outside of Oakland.

5/22/2006 12:45 AM

 
Blogger Georob said...

Anonymous, you don't get it.

What you essentially want to tell Wolff is "You're staying in Oakland, so deal with it!" That's no way to keep the A's.

Admittedly, there will be many fans who'll never travel to Fremont. But the majority of A's fans will, and those that want the team to stay in Oakland need to come to grips with that.

5/22/2006 5:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On OAFC, Eyleen wrote a post about this event. She mentioned turnout was good and there was civil discussion. De La Fuentes and Dellums had video messages as did the Wolff. Hopefully, events like these can continue, and also help out Robert Limon on his video even some drum beats as background music would be great help, too.

5/24/2006 11:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

7/18/2006 5:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

7/20/2006 1:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online College Degree, Online Master Degree, Life Experience Degree, Online Bachelor Degree
Online Degree